Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 75, June 13, 2010

Some days can get away from you. But this one didn't, not entirely. I managed to write three pages today. I got up later than I intended. My energy level wasn't the best. The weather went from hot and sticky to serial thunderstorms. Had to shut down and unplug the computer twice, lost momentum. Bah, humbug.

Regarding the possibility of having my computer fried: There are standard warnings that this can happen in a thunderstorm, and it did in fact happen to a woman with whom my wife works. Actually melted her machine. Of course, this same person also had a tornado hit her home, so maybe she's just unlucky. But why take chances?

In the scene I wrote today, the protagonist makes another discovery about the leader of the antagonists. His perception of what's going on is changing by the hour. Making for a difficult situation for someone who's expected to save the day. I'm not sure I like the way the scene is written, but I'm not going back to check it until tomorrow.

Mama said there'd be days like this.

Day 75 of writing my new novel is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment