Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 69, June 7, 2010

I'm back to writing at home following my research trip and a weekend off to celebrate a landmark birthday in my family. The time away was good but it's very reassuring to be back in familiar surroundings as I bring the first draft of my new novel to a close.

I got off to a good start today, writing five and a half pages. In today's scenes the leader of the antagonists has to go outside her group to recruit an outsider to help her forces pull off their final caper. Thing is, while the recruited character has the technical ability to step right in, will he be agreeable to what he's being asked to do? Also, he's an older guy used to running his own show. Will he be able to subordinate his ego to go along with the wishes of a younger woman? In today's second scene, the spouse of the protagonist loses her job. She didn't do anything wrong. It's a matter of sending a message to the protagonist. Get in line and do what you've been told, and fast, or you could be next.

Day 69 of writing my new novel is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment