Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 93, July 1, 2010

As predicted yesterday, I got back on track today, writing almost six pages. The writing felt good. There were only a couple of interruptions and they were too minor to disrupt the flow from my muse. I know I've said it before, but the end is getting close. I can tell by the fact that the can't-do-without scenes are popping up. This refers to scenes that I know a reader would say: You know what, there should have been a little scene toward the end that did this. I often feel the same way when I read another writer's book. There are little bridges and grace notes that aren't apparent when you do your initial outline but should become apparent when you've lived with the story for three months.

In today's first scene, the protagonist shows he's really a good guy by answering a reporter's question honestly despite possibly jeopardizing his future by doing so. He also establishes a contact for a move he'll soon want to make. In the second scene, the protagonist uses a supporting character to goad someone else into making a tactical mistake. This will lead to an epiphany that, ta-da, leads him to solve the mystery of what the antagonists have planned.

Day 93 of writing my new novel is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment