Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 101, July 9, 2010

I'm starting to get tired. Not tired of the story. I'm still enjoying that, but I'm getting physically and mentally tired. Keyboarding isn't strenuous exercise, but the cumulative effect of doing it day after day with maybe only one day off every three weeks adds up. And keeping all the details straight in a story that's approaching 500 pages can be a bit of a mental strain, too.

But to heck with whining. The finish line is in sight, even if you're Mr. Magoo.

I wrote five pages today. In the first scene, the chief antagonist comes face to face with her spiritual nemesis, as opposed to her legal nemesis, the protagonist. In scene two, we see that even in fiction, at least the kind I write, not all the bad guys get caught. Some of them are born survivors and they get away clean.

Day 101 of writing my new novel is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment