Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 99, July 7, 2010

Today I had a problem. I was insufficiently selfish. I accommodated myself to other people's needs and schedules. In one sense, this made me a good husband, father and son. In another, it shorted me on writing time. I wrote only two-plus pages. Aargh. Tomorrow, I resolve to be more selfish. Fair warning has been issued.

In today's only scene, the protagonist finally comes to see just what the antagonists have planned. He fears a possible loss of life. He quickly thinks of a way to head off the tragedy. But he's immediately thwarted when the antagonists take down the cell phone system and the electrical grid. Having no hope of solving the larger problem, he abandons his car, deciding his best chance of getting home quickly and making sure his wife is safe is to run through the dense fog.

Day 99 of writing my new novel is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment